Pray, Give and Drink Tea!
Pray, Give and Drink Tea!
I’m so excited to be writing my first post on our blog. This has been so much fun getting this company started and I want to start by thanking everyone for their input and help along the way.
Now, I had a hard time deciding what to write about for our first post, but I finally figured it out. I would love to hear your feedback in the comments section below.
Since we are obviously a tea company, you would assume that my first post would be about tea… Well, I thought about that and decided to go a different direction. I started to think about why we started this company, what our company was about and where Little Prayer Tea would be in the future. I admit, originally I thought that we would be a tea company, selling quality teas and just be regular business owners. After brainstorming with Regina about our company yet to be named, we decided that we wanted to be more than “just another tea company”, we wanted to offer more than just tea, and I’m not talking about tea pots.
In The Beginning:
It was Regina’s idea to call us Little Prayer Tea Company and I loved it! We had this idea that we could put little prayers on each of our tea packages as a way to encourage others. We could also use this company as a tool to help the kids at our church raise money for camp or help fund raise for other things, and that’s when it happened, Little Prayer Tea Company started to slowly be formed, molded if you will, into what God really had called us to do. It only gets better from here!
I will be the first to admit that I am a little obsessed with entrepreneurship. I have always wanted to start my own business, and I already have a long track record of failed businesses. Since I have had so many failures, I told Regina that if Little Prayer Tea did not work out, it wouldn’t all be a loss, we wouldn’t have to buy tea for probably 5 years, and we would have Christmas gifts forever :).
I remember one day while I was driving to work, I was praying. I was praying to God to help us with this tea company, help me figure out what this tea company should be about, and if you help me start one successful business in my life, let this be the one. Then it hit me… I was the one trying to start all these businesses, I was the one making all of the decisions and I was the one that kept on failing. I decided to change my prayer direction. I said “God, I am a failure without you, I have proven that many times. Whenever I try to take control of my life, I lose my direction, but whenever I let you guide me, I always end up where I need to be. God, I don’t want to be the owner, the CEO of this company. Lord, please take the company from me and use it for your will. Use my family as your workers to help spread your good news to everyone”. We will see what God has in store for Little Prayer Tea, but what’s more important, what God has in store for us.
Who We Are:
Ever since I spoke to God about our company, he has given me clear direction for what this company should be about. That is why my first post is not about tea. I have discovered that tea is just the tool we are using to promote what our true product is; PRAYER. The title of this post is Pray, Give and drink tea because I wanted to clearly state what is most important for Little Prayer Tea and put them in order of importance. Promoting and encouraging prayer is our product, Giving and fundraising is how we can tangibly help and support others, and selling and drinking tea is how we want to connect and create relationships with all of you.
Thank you Lord for helping me discover what is truly important. What Little Prayer Tea is all about.
Let’s do it together:
I hope that you are just as excited and interested in our idea as we are. I just want to share a few ways in which you can be apart of this!
- First and foremost, just pray. Pray regularly about every and all things, “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18.
- Give. At the time of this post, we currently have two fundraisers going. We give 75% of our profit to the one we are fundraising for. See below for current fundraisers.
- Drink Tea! Whether you bought some of our tea to help support a fundraiser, or just because you love our tea. Drink tea and have your own tea parties. Get to know other people over a delicious cup of tea. Get to know us and we can tell you our favorites teas and why.
- Join our community of Prayer, Giving and Drinking Tea! Sign up for our newsletter and stay updated on new fundraisers, new things to pray for and new teas. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram. Be apart of our community.
At the time of this post we are currently fundraising for:
- Michele Rezewski who suffer a massive stroke and had to have brain surgery. She was later diagnosed with Moyamoya disease. You can read more on her story here.
- Sarah Emerson who is being called to go overseas to Serbia where she will be helping refugees who are stuck with no place to go. You can read her story here.
Thank you all so much for being a part of our journey. Please tell me what you think in the comment section below and remember that not only can prayer change lives, it also helps bring us closer to God.
Employee of Jesus Christ